Sunday, July 27, 2008

HIking in Forest Park, Portland, Oregon






Who would've thought that the biggest urban forest park in the USA would be in Portland, Oregon? Well, it is. With a ton of trails and awesome views, my high school friend, Julie, and I decided to strap our little ones (even though they aren't that little) to our backs and attempt a 2.88 hike.  

This hike had 3 options.  The first hike option was 2.88 miles, the second was 4.5, and the last was the full loop at 6.5 miles.  We figured we would see how we felt during the hike and we'd determine if we would continue on.  So at the first turn off we thought we could at least finish the 4.5 mile hike.  We continued on.  We stopped somewhere and enjoyed out lunch.  "This is the best peanut butter and jelly sandwich I've ever had."  Julia said.  I totally agreed.  We enjoyed our lunch and I let Reed out of the backpack so he could stretch his legs and run around.  Yeah, that was kind of a mistake.  When I went to put him back, he was not having it, so for the next half mile or so all he did was scream, "OUT!"  

We finally hit the next turn off if we wanted to just do the 4.5 mile hike, but we figured we were feeling pretty good and we could continue on.  

Soooo, in the end, my friend Julia and I made the whole 6.5 mile hike in Forest Park.  We were so tired and sweaty by the end of the hike.  The next day, I could hardly move.  But, we did it and that's all that matters.  That totally is something I would not normally do on my own.  I would usually have Darrin carry Reed, but I went out on a limb and tried it.  

What an experience!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.